Now that the hurricane has gone off to harass someone else, please accept my wishes to you and your family for a fun July 4th.
Today is not a day to be thinking about the crisis de jour and all the crap that threatens to make our lives miserable. It’s a day to relax and reflect on good stuff. What follows is my feeble effort to add a little levity to the equation.
1. Ralph’s Observation: It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.
2. Quantized Revision of Murphy’s Law: Everything goes wrong all at once.
3. Zymurgy’s First Law of Evolving Systems Dynamics: Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a bigger can.
4. Glatum’s Law of Materialistic Acquisitiveness: The perceived usefulness of an article is inversely proportional to its actual usefulness once bought and paid for.
5. Etorre’s Observation: The other line moves faster.
6. Lowery’s Law: If it jams – force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
7. Knight’s Law: Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans.